Howard Row Small Business Storefront Competition
Sponsored by Poverni Sheikh Group
with assistance from the Market Center Merchants Association and Charles Street Development
The Poverni Sheikh Group (PSG) seeks tenants for two ground floor commercial spaces at Howard Row, located at 407-415 N. Howard Street in Market Center and the Bromo Arts & Entertainment District. Howard Row offers five newly renovated commercial spaces – with large show windows – and 41 apartments, which are currently being leased.
To attract new types of businesses to Market Center, increase foot traffic, and heighten interest in Market Center more broadly, PSG is hosting the Howard Row Small Business Storefront Competition, with assistance from the Market Center Merchants Association and Charles Street Development. Selected businesses will receive one year of free rent, though they will need to contribute financially to tenant improvements, put down a security deposit, and pay insurance and utilities. The space will be delivered as a shell with one customer bathroom, one HVAC unit, and vinyl flooring.
PSG anticipates allocating two of the following three addresses for the selected businesses: 409, 411, or 413 N. Howard, which measure between 664 SF and 749 SF.
Application release: 12/3/2019
Information session: 1/8/2020
Application deadline: 1/31/2020
- Businesses should:
- Meet the needs and desires of residents and employees,
- Increase foot traffic in Market Center, and
- Offer goods or services not currently in Market Center, which could mean something entirely new to the community, or something that is currently in the community, but with different price points or a unique twist.
- We are particularly interested in businesses in the creative sector, small-scale manufacturing (“makers”), and businesses rooted in cultures from around the world.
- We welcome applications from all entrepreneurs, and are particularly interested in supporting minority-owned, woman-owned, immigrant-owned, city resident-owned, and veteran-owned businesses.
Small Business Storefront Competition Application – Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on January 31, 2020. Send to Kristen Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For information on Howard Row, click here.